Employment and Independent Living Coach for Persons with Disabilities
Would you like to make a meaningful difference in someone's life?
Would you like to make a positive impact on the community?
COME JOIN OUR TEAM:
At Integrated Resources Institute we assist persons with disabilities to be fully included in their community, through integrated work and normalized home settings.
We are the largest integrated work effort for persons with significant disabilities (with over 135 persons working) in Orange County. Our MentorWorks program is recognized internationally as a progressive leader and model "employment first" program for persons with significant disabilities. We also just provide an innovative home support program to assist persons with disabilities to live in normalized home settings, e.g. their own home or apartment.
We are hiring for several full time and part time positions, throughout Orange County. We also have positions in the south Orange County area. Primary work hours are between 8:30 a.m and 2:30 pm M-F. However, we also have some varying schedules during weekends, and evenings.
Visit our website for more information about us: https://www.irioc.org
Assist our clients with their integrated work or living setting.
Supporting the person to be a productive worker:
• Discover their interests, skills and desires through trial volunteer work settings.
• Getting to and from their job location.
• Contacting employers and intern sites that match the person's interests.
• Facilitate interviews that match the person's interests and skills.
• Supporting the person to learn the tasks at their job.
• Transitioning support to co-workers.
Supporting the person to live in a normalized home setting:
• Assistance with finding housing options.
• Developing strategies for independent self help living skills.
• Developing adaptations for bill payments.
• Training and supporting non-disable roommates as needed.
• Developing related shopping, consumer or alternative ordering strategies.
Above all, we are all about building healthy relationships. One of your main goals is to develop a friendly professional and respectful relationship with the person you are assigned to, as well as to help them build positive relationships in their with co-workers, roommates and neighbors.
• Completion of High School or GED.
• College experience or degree is desired, but not required.
• Experience with (Autism) ASD is a plus, but is not required, rather an interest in helping a person to be integrated in their community and a productive citizens.*
• Bi-lingual skills are desired, but not required.
• First Aid / CPR certificate (desired).
*A comprehensive paid training program is provided PRIOR TO THE FINAL OFFER of hire.
• Criminal history review.
• Automobile liability insurance.
• Reliable auto that can pass our safety inspection.
• Clean recent DMV record.
• Drug test if driving clients.
• Cell phone, computer and texting ability.
• Ability to speak and write in English.
• Casual business dress and grooming code adherence.
• No visible tattoos.
• No visible facial and other visible piercings (no ear plugs).
• Maintaining daily notes and data regarding client progress.
•• NOTE that cell phone use or texting for personal use during work hours is strictly prohibited.
• Starting hourly wage is $14.00 - 15.00.
• $500 pay bonus (for client job placement).
• $100 pay bonus (for client intern volunteer job placement).
• Mileage reimbursement.**
• Paid holiday days.
• 3 Sick or other days.
• Health insurance (if full time; 30 hours or more); after 90 days.
** We try to assign you to clients in your own community to reduce driving needs.
To apply, please fill out an online application by clicking here.
Please, no phone calls due to volume.